Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Just relocating down the road a few miles.

Where are we today ?
         After another late night last night we had a good sleep, window open. Slept in later than usual until 6:30 am. Cooler overcast day today but not a problem we had the perfect weather yesterday for all the Halloween activities here. If you missed yesterday's late posting just click HERE.
         No hurry, so got my walkabouts done and chatted will our friends that are all packing up and heading home. We said our goodbyes and hope to see ya'll next year. Except Bill and Barb we are staying at their place tonight only 1/2 hour down the road.
We really enjoy this campground
the pond is full of Canada Geese on their way south
just like us.
           After we had lunch headed on over to Bill and Barbs, park in their drive and enjoy another nice quiet visit with them.
The campground is emptying pretty quick today
        Only a short drive to their place and pulled in set up. Tried to set up out TV but our digital converter decided to take a sh*t. Does not work, turn on, nothing, Well it is about 5 years old, don't build them like they used to. So a quick trip to Radio Shack in Lockport NY just up the road, came home with a new converter and we are good to go again. We do like to have local tv in case of local weather warnings,and much easier to use our 2 analog tv's that work and fit perfectly just by using a converter box. And when just stoping for the night, we don't bother to set up our satellite dish. Lots of local free channels on our antenna.
nice spot at their place
Suzie got her doggie fix with Burnaby on the couch
         Shortly after 4 3:30 we headed out to Duffs Famous Wings on Transit road not far from Bill and Barbs for a feast of excellent chicken wings, its been a while for all of us. Making excellent wings since 1969 in Amherst New York.

just the 4 of us a nice meal
         I ordered their hotter than hot wings "Death" and the sauce was very hot just the way I like it. But just in case I always have a bottle of my Predator hot sauce in my pocket. They come with celery, carrots, blue cheese and large fries, and a pitcher of beer or pop, good deals here.
oh so good
Suzie got her wings and a caesar salad, we shared
love the beer deals here
          After we left here stopped by Niagara county Produce to check out their new store. Last year they were renovating and now it is a real amazing store, great food, great prices, too bad we are all stocked up.
lots of fresh fruit , veggies and meat
        That was it then back to their place and enjoyed a funny movie on their big screen tv "Meet The Millars". Have not seen it before (thats not unusual, we don't watch much tv) and enjoyed these crazy people in a Motorhome and their antics. Movies done at 9 pm so time to head home and let them relax, some people have to work tomorrow. Thanks so much for you hospitality Bill and Barb, it was a fun busy weekend.
        And thank ya'll  who stopped by for a peak today we just taking it easy. Monday morning we are back on the road making our way to Georgia and warmer weather for a week, come along for the ride.
Posted by George, a.k.a. "The Weber "Q" Man of Blogland" according to Rick Doyle. 
 Check out the interactive map below to see where we have been this Winter.

25 comments:

  1. You must have a cast iron stomach George if you can eat the triple hot sauce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's something I have enjoyed for years , no problem with that.

      Delete
  2. My mouth was on fire just thinking about those wings! What a great time with friends...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you say that my mouth is not bothered by the hot sauce at all. Yes we did have a great time.

      Delete
  3. Hot sauce is not for me but boy can my son and grandson poor on the hot sauce. They get the hottest wings and I get the mildest but it works for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried them all but the extra hot works for me.

      Delete
  4. love the window open sleeps…. ahhhhh but death hot wings? ohhhh baruther ….

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am still alive and breathing, really clears out sinuses and then some.

      Delete
  5. I also like hot sauce...and on a variety of foods.
    It sure looks like a good Halloween fun time was had.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love my hot sauces, some with great flavors. Always a fun Halloween here.

      Delete
  6. Why is it that after reading your blog, George, I always go away hungry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All these good foods that we should not be eating, but moderation works for us.

      Delete
  7. Great looking campground.

    How can you eat that very hot stuff?
    Your stomach must be made of iron. Your tongue too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome campground.
      I have been eating these hot sauces for well over 40 years, no problems, really heat you up though all over.

      Delete
  8. I know what everyone is talking about. Even though I enjoy spicy food your idea of hot is above what I normally eat.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Denis would just die if he ate sauce that hot, how do you do it? I would choose the mild and that would be plenty hot for me. I love the cocker spaniel pic with Suzie. If I ever get the crazy notion of getting another dog, that breed would be my first choice. After two pugs, I'd like to get a "real dog". Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem with the hots sauce.
      My very first dog as a child was a cocker spaniel, over 60 years ago. Love them.

      Delete
  10. I enjoy "not too" hot food and reach for my Cajun "Slap Ya Mama" spice quite often. My dad on the other hand used to pick the green bell peppers out of his salad because they were too hot for him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everybody has a different tolerance for spicy food. Take Suzie for example, minimum slat and next to no black pepper.

      Delete
  11. Looked like a great visit with your friends, sure a delicious looking meal with a nice choice of sauces I like my fries with the malt vinegar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had the malt vinegar there for me too, perfect meal.

      Delete
  12. Good times with good friends. Safe travels today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to hear you are now heading South to WARMER weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are too all the must do things are done now, here we go.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.