Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Fleamarket, E-readers, and visit with friends, a fun day it was!

Where are we today ?
        Cool again this morning but when the sun came up was pretty nice. After the walkabouts and coffees headed on out to the Pinery Fleamarket in Grand Bend. Our favourite weekly outing on a Sunday morning when we are in the area. You would know this if you have followed us for a while. 
         Always stuff to see and even a few things to buy for good prices if we shop around. We love wandering around here through the tall trees in the shade.
we got there late at 10 am and a lineup getting in
        Lots to see and do as usually, new vendors and new products, Suzie picked up a nice I-pad mini cover then head over to John's Books to exchange 20 paperbacks we have read, he gave us 14 new ones free so we still have quite few to go through yet.
lotsa book vendors
busker making balloon animals
used gold clubs, strollers?
a few vendors with fresh produce, decent prices too.
my favortite vendor, Fresh pepperettes
kinda like bite size pepperonis, but
I like the extra hot ones
not too busy today, but we were gone by noon
lotsa clothes too
inside vendors with cool stuff too
        Now on the way back to Arkona spotted this huge wind turbine partially assembled not far from the road. These things are HUGE!!!!
from the road
this is the generator that sits on top of the towers
the blades for the generator,
that's me under one blade
our car looks so small there
         Now back home for a bite to eat for lunch and sort the free books we picked up today.
slowly our books inventory is getting smaller,
it will take a long time
         The book below on the left is the one I was reading, much nicer with my new KOBO e-reader.
          Had friend here in the park help us set these up and download some books. He even came down here to visit and help me and Suzie both. Thanks Bob for all your help, makes things so much easier now.
really liking this e-reader on the right
        Then after getting some reading time in, enjoying a beautiful sunny Sunday, gonna fire up our Weber Q. Grill a couple cobs of fresh picked we got at the market (soaked in water for 30 minutes), and a fish fillet to make a couple of fish tacos added to another tasty salad.
sure did the trick tonight
        After supper a walkabout the park and stopped to visit Harry and Jackie sitting outside. They are leaving in the morning along with Dick and Raye (heading back to the USA) and a few other people all leaving in the morning. So nice to see them wherever we happen to meet up.
Doggie fix for Suzie, her name is Peach
a nice mild evening, and conversation just flows
       Now Raye gave us this wonderful gift and is so cool. Set a bowl in it to heat in the microwave (like make my oatmeal in the morning), you can pick up the hot bowl by the corners and no burnt fingers. This sure will get a lot of use here. Thanks so much for this very useful gift. Safe travels to you and Dick and hope to meet up again soon.
perfect microwave bowl lifter
       That was another busy day here, getting together with people and getting things done.
       Thanks for stopping by and hope you enjoyed you Sunday too.
Posted by George, a.k.a. "The Weber "Q" Man of Blogland" according to Rick Doyle.
 Check out the map below to see where we have been this Summer.
View Summer 2014 in a larger map

18 comments:

  1. You seem to find the best flea markets. It's fun visiting them because you never know what treasures you will find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always a fun visit even if we don't buy anything.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a full day for you guys. We passed the parts of a wind turbine on several trucks on the interstate and I didn't realize how huge they are. I'd enjoy watching the full process of installing one. We use those bowl holders and they are definitely a hand saver.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The turbines sure are amazing. Such a process and hundreds going up in this area.
      Really like the bowl holder too.

      Delete
  3. I have a Nook but I still prefer holding the book in my hands. I use my Kindle app on my phone when I'm sitting in the truck waiting for Jim as he wanders through hardware or lumber stores and especially if he goes into a fishing store - who knows when I'll see him again. Love your bowl holder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still like to hold a real book, but am beginning to enjoy my nook.

      Delete
  4. We haven't tried the E Readers yet, I think I would rather hold a real book, but a reader would sure take up less room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying the e-reader but still enjoy a real book. And yes it does take up much less room.

      Delete
  5. That is an awesome gift. I would love to pick some of those up for Christmas gifts and have one for myself.

    Paul and I still like to hold a book. Paul looked into getting an e-reader but just isn't sure about the glare outside. Any advise on that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Raye made these bowl holders pretty easy if you have a sewing machine.

      I bought the KOBO Aura and was able to sit in direct sunlight, no glare and easy to read, can change fonts and sizes. Also was able to read in bed at night with no light on (love that feature) and long battery life too 70 hours on standby.
      Suzie's I-pad mini does does have some glare in the sun.

      Delete
  6. Hi George and Suzi: Jerry and I have been following and loving your blog for awhile now. We just bought our 'new to us' Forest River Class C this weekend and will be picking it up next weekend! :D Our adventure will begin in about 3 weeks when we finish selling our business! We hope to meet you guys down the road sometime! My question, a few weeks ago I saw that you mentioned the 'new' model available of your Weber Q. Could you tell what it is again. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy thanks for stopping by and enjoy your travels on the road.
      We have the Weber Q 100 and has been replaced by the WeberQ 1,000, same great BBQ with a few updates,
      We like the small size , easy to handle and big enough for whatever we have needed for the last 5 years.

      Delete
  7. You do manage to find great flea markets and food markets!

    I wouldn't be without my eReader - your Kobo is a real good choice too. I love the idea of being able to bring my entire book library along with me wherever I go and also being able to find a good book to read whenever I want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are getting used to it and think it will do what we want it to and save space too.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.