Pages

Our Awesome Travels

Our Awesome Travels
Taken In Quartzsite Arizona Dec 7th 2015

Saturday, August 16, 2014

Cooler, and rainy day, researching e readers and bought two!

Where are we today ?
        We are enjoying more cool summer weather here, not as warm as we would like it, but, it is what it is. We always make the best of it. Have been researching e readers and I-pads minis. And being a rainy day headed into the Walmart in Strathtroy to check them out. The clerk there was very knowledgeable and gave us all the info we needed. I wanted a Kobo aurora and Suzie wanted an I-pad mini. Both were on sale and guess what? We walked out with both in hand. 
        Have a friend here that has over 500 books that we can have, authors and books that we would like to read. So lets try them out for a bit, we have 14 days to decide and can return them if we don't like them. Not much to loose is there?
        If we keep them they will be birthday and Christmas presents for both of us, if not no loss. The jury is out right now lets see how things go. The book exchanges are getting few and far between any more, and the books we want are hard to find. and becoming more expensive, so will see how this works out, even though we do enjoy our (real Books).
       Perfect way to explore and check things out on a cool, rainy, overcast day.
       Back home we are setting these things up for a while as the rain keeps on coming down then before we know it time for supper.
        So, fire up our Weber Q and grill some red cabbage in foil with a touch of olive oil and garlic.
1/2 a tiny head perfect for us
         On the Q for about 40 minutes along with a boneless turkey thigh for a tonights dinner.
so tender and moist , but we do prefer the turkey breast,
just thought we would try them out.
added to a tasty salad we really enjoyed another tasty supper
       Afterwords we relaxed outside for a while listening to the rain on our awning, but getting too dark to read, so inside we go. Maybe the e-readers will extend these hours outside a bit more. Like I said the jury is out for a while yet, lets see how it goes.
        Thanks once again for stopping by and hope you had a warmer sunnier day than we did.

Posted by George, a.k.a. "The Weber "Q" Man of Blogland" according to Rick Doyle. 
 Check out the map below to see where we have been this Summer.
View Summer 2014 in a larger map

23 comments:

  1. Once an avid bookworm my eyes over the years have made it difficult for me to read the smaller print found in many books. We bought us a Kindle this past winter & my problem was solved. I have no problem seeing the print & if I do I can easily enlarge it. I do miss the ease of books though........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dolike the feature about changing the font size. Plus the fact that I do not need addition lighting too.

      Delete
  2. Even though I had an e-reader, I still like to hold the book in my hand. I also like the availability of books but I don't seem to have the time to read books as much as I used to either. Good luck in figuring out what works best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's almost 2 am and I'm now ready to eat again thanks to your delicious photos. Hope you guys enjoy your e-readers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not eating at 2 am I hope, the e-readers just may do the trick, so far so good.

      Delete
    2. Ha! Unfortunately not...I just went to bed hungry. ;)

      Delete
  4. Think you guys will enjoy your e-books. I got me this kindle fire HDX and really love it. I've started using it for all my blogging here lately. Going to library has never got easier with just a few clicks I can check out the books I want right from the couch. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do enjoy searching flea markets for books, and will probably still do some of that.

      Delete
  5. I also think you will enjoy your eReaders. I have a kobo and can connect you with a site to get free books if you are so inclined. As for the weather, what a strange summer! The good news, if we believe it, is that it will be hot and humid for the weekend and we'll see you on Thursday night if you're still around. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will be here looking forward to seeing you guys again.

      Delete
  6. Not saying I'm a voracious reader, but I've already worn out two Kindles and I'm on my third. I like the light weight and almost don't like a conventional book anymore, too heavy! :c)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We checking them out and think they will work out just great.

      Delete
  7. How can you wear out a Kindle?? That would get expensive.

    Anyway George, sounds like a good way to give the e reader a test run. Good thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It will be interesting to get your judgement on which platform is best for reading books. The iPad screen is quite reflective outdoors but is fine in the shade or indoors and, of course, offers all the wonderful access to the internet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will enjoy the Kobo, much small and readable in the sunshine too.
      Suzie she like the idea of the internet access like her I-phone only bigger.

      Delete
  9. Now you've really entered the electronic age! E-readers! I'm a long-time Apple person - I got my first Mac computer for Christmas in 1987 - it came in about 5 boxes! Now we're down to my new MacBook Air at 2 pounds! As for iPads (much more than a reader!) and other e-readers, my vote, of course, is iPad. If you were to buy a keyboard for it you'd have a very nice computer and could write all your posts on it. I love my iPad and only bought the MacBook Air because I do lots of spreadsheets and slide presentations in my volunteer work so the computer can handle all those documents.
    Hope you both enjoy your readers and, after getting used to not holding a book, you'll love the convenience. Just think of the weight you can reduce in your RV home if you don't have books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a Mac Book pro and love it, but just wanted a small reader so think it will work fine for me.

      Delete
  10. A silver lining for the cooler weather - it inspires the desire to sit around a campfire. Supposed to be back up in the low 90's here this week. It would be nice if Scotty could beam us to each others places for a while :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought the idea of research was to end up with just one:) I admit to having a Nook reader and a Nook tablet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Kobo is for me, the I-pad mini for Suzie.
      I am loving the KOBO so far.

      Delete

We love it when you take the time to drop us a line.